Our Etsy Mini Shop

Friday, March 7, 2008

Bird in the House

Yes, I know that I have blogged already today but I just had to share. I was sitting comfortably with Chico and Killer (my dogs) on the couch when I heard a rustling in the kitchen. We recently installed a doggie door and the outside cat occasionally comes in so I got up to get him. When I walked in the kitchen there was no sign of Mr. Wiskers and a pack of crackers from the top shelf was on the floor. I stood there perplexed until a bird dive-bombed my head. Apparently our new doggie door is also a cat and bird entrance as well.
The dogs had no idea what to make of the bird in the house and just followed me room to room cocking their heads at the fluttering, twittering, flying ball of feathers. I finally shooed it out the back door. About an hour later my husband pulled in from work, he was in for a moment and left to run an errand. He called from the truck to tell me that when he got in a bird was in the cab with him. Same little brownish red bird that I had banished earlier. We are just hoping this does not eventually lead to a opossum and armadillo take over!

No comments: